What you need:
- Notes or letters (these can be created beforehand or the activity can be played simply with post-it notes).
- Stuffed animals, dolls, or action figures
How to play:
- Ask your child to gather their ‘friends’ together (between 5-10 is great).
- Now have them place their stuffed animals around the room in different places. These are now their “homes”.
- Then have them deliver notes, pretending to play “mail delivery”.
More ways to play:
- Number the stuffed animals 1-5 and practice delivering them mail in numerical order.
- Ask your child to deliver from largest animal to smallest.
- For older kids, ask them to draw a map of their stuffed animals houses along a route. Have them assign a number to each house. This is the address. Now, have them write a number on each note. Now they must deliver on their route!
- To encourage more movement, have them place their stuffed animals all over the house and then use a timer as they race to complete their route. See what their best time can be (out of 3).